Wharton India Economic Forum Mumbai 2017
Wharton India Economic Forum (WIEF) is all set for a 2-day power-packed summit this January – starting with the Wharton India Startup Competition (WISC) and followed by a Speaker Series. This prestigious event will be inaugurated by the Honourable Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Mr. Devendra Fadnavis who has been emphasizing about innovation and disruption through the Startup India Initiative.
Understanding this vision, WIEF 2017 will be addressing various facets of innovation during the summit. Moreover, the summit has attracted some of the most influential people in the industry. From names such as Kunal Shah the founder of FreeCharge, Bharati Jacob the Co-founder of Seed Fund, Arundhati Bhattacharya - Chair-Managing director of the State Bank of India – there’s a list of 23 top-notch people attending the Wharton India Economic Forum.
January 6, 2017: WIEF Startup Competition
The first day of the conference is focused on the startup ecosystem in India, bringing together the best of entrepreneurs, investors, distinguished Wharton faculty, students and inspirational speakers on the same platform. Attendees will also have numerous opportunities for interaction and networking across the board.
January 7, 2017: Speaker Series
The second day of the conference is focused on the evolving business landscape in India and the need for business model innovation - facilitating discussions through accomplished speakers from the government, various industry leaders and distinguished Wharton faculty.
WIEF is one of the largest and most prestigious India focused economic and business conferences in the world. The Wharton India Startup Competition (WISC) is a hallmark of WIEF, giving startups from India the opportunity to present in front of an esteemed panel of judges in India. Last year we had more than 750 startups apply to the competition.
Who Can Apply?
A startup (subject to eligibility requirements) with a business idea or business model featuring products and/or services targeting the Indian market.
How Developed Does The Startup Have To Be?
- Early stage/ growth
What Is The Selection Process Like?
Competition entries will be pre-screened by a panel of experts including top entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, and investors. This panel will select semi-finalists.
Shortlisted semi-finalists will be provided with 15-minute time slot to present their ideas to the judges (via teleconference) based on which finalists will be selected.
Finalists will pitch to top Indian entrepreneurs and venture capitalists on January 6, 2017 in Mumbai. The pitch will consist of a 5-minute presentation and a 3-minute Q&A session.
Day 1: Startup Competition, Friday, January 6, 2017, Mumbai
12:00 - 14:00 Registration & Lunch
14:00 - 14:15 Opening Remarks
14:15 - 14:45 Opening Keynote Address
14:45 - 15:30 Venture Capital Panel Discussion
15:30 - 16:45 Startup Competition - First Segment
16:45 - 17:00 Inspiration Talk
17:00 - 17:30 Tea & Coffee Served
17:30 - 18:45 Startup Competition - Second Segment
18:45 - 19:30 Marketing Panel Discussion
19:30 - 20:00 Closing Keynote Address
20:00 - 20:30 Startup Competition Winners Announced
Day 2: Speaker Series, Saturday, January 7, 2017, Mumbai
9:00 - 10:00 Registration
10:00 - 10:30 Inaugural Speech - The Government View
10:30 - 11:00 Fireside: Private and Public Sector Perspectives
11:00 - 12:00 Panel: Perspectives on New India
12:00 - 13:00 Lunch
13:00 - 13:30 Fireside: Distinguished Alumni
13:30 - 14:30 Fireside: Building Effective Organizations
14:30 - 15:30 Panel: Women’s Evolving Role in Business
15:30 - 16:00 Tea Break
16:00 - 17:00 Panel: Government and Public Policy Insights
17:00 - 17:30 Keynote: Outlook on Indian Industry
17:30 - 19:00 Networking Session and Close
Speakers of WIEF 2017
- Adil Zainulbhai, Chairman, Network 18 & Chairman, Quality Council of India
- Arunabha Ghosh, CEO, Council on Energy, Environment and Water
- Arundhati Bhattacharya, Chairman, State Bank of India
- Bharati Jacob, Co-founder, Seedfund
- Devendra Fadnavis, Chief Minister, Maharashtra
- Gul Panag, Actress and Entrepreneur
- Harbiir Singh, Vice Dean for Global Initiatives, The Wharton School
- Karan Bhagat, Founder, MD & CEO, IIFL Wealth & Asset Management
- Kartik Hosanagar, Professor, The Wharton School
- Kartik Srivatsa, Co-founder & Managing Partner, Aspada Investment Advisors
- Kunal Shah, Founder & Chairman, FreeCharge
- Manisha Girotra, CEO, Moelis and Company
- Manoj Rajan, Additional Secretary, Govt. of Karnataka and CEO, ReMSL
- Nipun Mehra, Investor, Sequoia Capital India
- Pramath Raj Sinha, Founder & MD, 9.9 Media; Founding Dean, ISB
- Rajul Garg, Serial Entrepreneur & Investor
- Rehan Yar Khan, Managing Partner, Orios Venture Partners
- Rohan Mirchandani, Co-founder & Chief Dreamer, Drum Foods
- Saikat Chaudhuri, Executive Director, Mack Institute for Innovation Management, The Wharton School
- Sandeep Singha, Co-founder, Nexus Venture Partners
- Sejal Shah Gulati, Global Executive and President, The Aspen Institute
- Shaheen Mistri, CEO, Teach for India
- Shradha Sharma, Founder and CEO, YourStory
- Sumeet Thadani, Entrepreneur
- Wendy Kopp, Co-founder & CEO, Teach for All
- Zia Mody, Senior Partner, AZB & Partners
- Zorawar Kalra, Founder & Managing Director, Massive Restaurants Pvt Ltd
Apply today to grab early bird discount!!!!
orAlready a SHEROES Member? Sign In